Spark* Bangladesh is looking for a Country Director to lead our impact entrepreneurship Accelerator program in the country.
Position: Spark* Bangladesh Country Director
Reports to: YGAP Global Programs Manager
Direct Reports: Program Assistant
Position type: Full time, based out of Build Bangladesh offices in Dhaka
Start Date: As soon as possible
How to apply? Email Kaitlin@sparkinternational.org with a CV and cover letter by 14th April 2017 explaining why you are a good fit for the role.
We are looking for someone who can own the following roles like a boss!
- You are most likely to be a Bangladeshi. You understand your country, how things work and you are super passionate about seeing positive changes in Bangladesh. Spark* backs local leaders with local solutions, so our Bangladeshi Country Director is going to be most powerful if they can propose and execute on local solutions!
- You can walk into a room full of intimidating donors and corporates and pitch so well that they all want to get on board with the Spark* vision. (Nb. We will train you like a prize fighter in the Spark* pitch!)
- You can facilitate a workshop for five days and nights with fifteen brilliant emerging impact entrepreneurs and have the guts to continually challenge and stretch them. (Nb. You will deliver the proven Spark* model which we will train and support you in, so you are not having to create content here!)
- You are someone who backs up your words with action. You have built non-profits or businesses before and are an entrepreneur yourself.
- One of your best friends is a whiteboard. You can strategise like a military General and come up with creative ways to grow Spark* Bangladesh.
- You love people and people love you. As the Country Director you will be responsible for building partnerships, and managing a small team of staff and/or volunteers.
- You think local Changemakers rule. We believe passionately that local social entrepreneurs provide the best solutions to poverty, and you will love supporting the Spark* entrepreneurs as they grow their ventures.
- You are a player. Not in a bad way, but in an ‘I know lots of people and can connect Spark* Bangladesh to some amazing partners’ kind of way.
- You hate bureaucracy but you love systems. You are organised, and have a love for good processes!
- You are a leader. You have led before and you can’t wait to lead again. While you were leading you got awesome things achieved.
- You are super smart, confident, honest and accountable when it comes to preparing, administering and reporting on budgets.
- You will be super consistent, reporting clearly and as much as needed to the YGAP/Build Bangladesh teams.