We are on the look out for a new Country Director for our South African operations! If you or someone you know would be a great fit, please apply below and/or share with your networks!
We are looking for someone who can own the following roles like a boss!
- You are most likely to be a South African. You understand the country, how things work and you are super passionate about seeing positive changes in South Africa. Spark* backs local leaders with local solutions, so our South African Country Director is going to be most powerful if they can propose and execute on local solutions and has a real grasp on how to make an impact venture work in the country.
- You can walk into a room full of intimidating donors and corporates and pitch so well that they all want to get on board with the Spark* vision. (Nb. We will train you like a prize fighter in the Spark* pitch!)
- You can facilitate a workshop for five days and nights with 10-15 brilliant impact entrepreneurs and have the guts to continually challenge and stretch them. (Nb. You will deliver the world class Spark* model so you are not having to create content here and we provide a lot of training and support to get you ready for this.)
- You are someone who backs up your words with action. You have built non-profits or businesses before and are an entrepreneur yourself.
- One of your best friends is a whiteboard. You can strategise like a military General and come up with creative ways to grow Spark* South Africa.
- You think local Changemakers rule. We believe passionately that local impact entrepreneurs provide the best solutions to poverty, and you will love supporting the Spark* entrepreneurs as they grow their ventures.
- You are a player. Not in a bad way, but in an ‘I know lots of people and can connect Spark* South Africa to some amazing partners’ kind of way.
- You hate bureaucracy but you love systems. You are organised, have a love for stationary and good processes!
- You are a leader. You have led before and you can’t wait to lead again. When you lead you get awesome things achieved.
- You will be super smart, confident, honest and accountable when it comes to preparing, administering and reporting on budgets.
- You will be super consistent, reporting clearly and as much as needed to the Spark* International/YGAP team.
- You are autonomous and are able to work as the sole employee of Spark* South Africa (albeit part of a global team). You don’t get lonely at this thought and are excited to work with a global team remotely.